The Farrer Charitable Trust has continued to support over 70 cases, including providing matched funding for staff donations to the Haiti Relief Appeal.
We take seriously our responsibilities for our people, our local environment and the communities in which we live and work. We believe that active corporate responsibility is integral to the welfare of the firm, and makes it the kind of place we all wish to work. To achieve this we:
- encourage charitable and pro bono activity by supporting existing volunteering, encouraging more staff to volunteer and by donating to charities through the firm's charitable trust;
- support the local community;
- limit any adverse effect on the environment to a practical minimum;
- ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our clients, visitors, suppliers, employees and others who might be affected by our activities;
- treat with dignity and respect all with whom we have contact; and
- recruit individuals and develop the careers of all members of the firm on merit.
Reflecting our culture and business, most of our external corporate responsibility projects are created and maintained through personal initiatives and relationships. From trainee solicitors all the way up to senior partners, every member of staff is encouraged to get involved in projects that have a positive impact for the benefit of charities and the wider community. Every member of staff is given, and encouraged to use, a volunteering day to use to support an initiative of their choosing, while ideas for firm-wide projects usually come from individuals with a close relationship to a cause.
For more information about corporate responsibility at Farrer & Co, please call Julian Smith on +44 (0)20 3375 7000 or email email@example.com.