Farrer & Co LLP (“F&Co” or “we”) is a limited liability partnership (“LLP”) authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, registered in England and Wales with registered number OC323570 whose registered office is at 66 Lincoln Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3LH.
F&Co is responsible for the www.farrer.co.uk website (“the Website”). F&Co is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller is F&Co.
2. Collection and use of your personal data
Your personal data may be collected by F&Co through our website, marketing feedback forms and meetings with and emails and telephone calls to us. Personal data may also be provided about you by third parties.
Your personal data may be processed by (or on behalf of) F&Co for any of the following purposes:
- providing legal advice to you;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your opt-in preferences) about F&Co’s activities, promotions and events;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your opt-in preferences) about the activities, promotions and events of carefully selected organisations that are linked to F&Co;
- in relation to promotions etc run jointly with a third party – as set out in paragraph 6;
- providing aggregate statistics about our clients, contacts and other visitors to the Website, traffic patterns and related site information to third parties, but these statistics will not normally contain any information about you from which you could be identified;
- if you have given your consent only, we may provide a copy of the personal data that we hold about you to third parties; and
- as otherwise outlined at the time of collection of your personal data in accordance with the preferences that you express.
If you apply for a job or summer placement online you will need to provide information about your education, employment, racial background and state of health. Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out the monitoring activities required of us as an equal opportunities employer.
3. Changing your preferences
4. Security measures and possibility of international transfer
F&Co is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the Act. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal data to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that F&Co shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Act.
Please note that we may sometimes transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA. If we intend to do this, then, where practical and appropriate, before doing so we will put contractual arrangements in place to ensure the adequate protection of your data and we shall endeavour to ensure that any such contractual arrangements comply with the standards required by the Information Commissioner.
5. Who else will we provide your data to?
We will not pass on your personal details to any third party unless (i) we have your consent or (ii) as set out below:
- in relation to each of the uses set out in paragraph 2, your personal data may be shared with our partners, employees and/or third party organisations that we appoint to assist F&Co. We shall endeavour to ensure that any such recipients of your personal data use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data - see paragraph 4 above;
- in relation to any promotions that we run jointly with a third party - see paragraph 6;
- in relation to any acquisition by F&Co or if F&Co is acquired by or merged with, another company, we may transfer your personal data to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with F&Co despite a change of ownership;
- in relation to content posted by you as set out in paragraph 7; and
- in circumstances in which we are required or authorised by law (including, but not limited to, the Act), court order, regulatory or governmental authorities to disclose your personal data.
6. Special promotions
7. Content posted by you
Of course, if you post any personal data to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications.
Also, if you post any content in breach of our Terms & Conditions we may inform any relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. The use of 'Cookies'
9. Links and Third Party Advertising
11. Access to your personal data
You may be entitled to ask us for details of the personal data that we hold about you, the purposes for which it is being or will be processed, and the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is being or will be disclosed. If you would like to request this data, please contact us at email@example.com. We may charge a fee for providing this information to you (details of which are available upon request).