Posted by :
| Date posted :
Farrer & Co has announced that four senior associates have been promoted to the partnership as of 1 July 2013. The promotions include one member of the Banking & Financial Services team, two members of the Family team and one member of the IP & Commercial team, reflecting the range of specialist services the firm offers its clients.
The total number of partners at the firm now stands at 79.
Banking & Financial Services – Martin Blake
Martin, who becomes partner in the Banking and Financial Services team, has been at Farrer & Co since 2011.
Martin has expertise in domestic and international banking and finance matters, including general corporate and individual lending, workouts and restructuring, property finance and acquisition finance. Martin advises lenders, borrowers and sponsors on syndicated, bilateral, secured, unsecured and structured financing transactions.
Two senior associates have been promoted from the family team:
Caroline joined Farrer & Co as a trainee in 2004, qualifying in 2006.
She advises a diverse, high-end client base on both contentious and non-contentious matters, with a particular focus on cases involving an international element.
Described as “Marvellous” in the Legal 500 she was also recently shortlisted for Associate of the Year at the British Legal Awards.
Caroline was instrumental in the recent landmark case heard at the Supreme Court – Prest v Petrodel Resources – where she acted alongside Jeremy Posnansky QC, to secure a win for Mrs Prest.
Christina, who joined Farrer & Co as a trainee in 2002 and qualified in 2004, works on a wide range of complex matters, both contentious and non-contentious, including difficult ancillary relief cases, contact issues, adoption, co-habitation matters and pre-nuptial agreements, for a diverse high-end client base.
IP & Commercial – David Copping
David also joined Farrer & Co as a trainee in 2002 and qualified in 2004. He specialises in non-contentious intellectual property and commercial law, advising both institutional and private sector clients operating in IP rich sectors such as media, culture and higher education.
Richard Parry, Senior Partner, said, of the promotions:
"On behalf of the firm I would like to congratulate Martin, Caroline, Christina and David and welcome them to the partnership.
The promotions recognise the hard work and achievements of these four individuals in developing their own expertise in key specialist areas of the firm and the strong relationships they have forged with their clients.
We continue to invest in the development of the talent that exists at all levels of the firm and create strength in depth in our chosen areas of expertise."
For more information contact Cara Rowell, Marketing & Communications Manager on 020 3375 7289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Firm
The above appointments bring the number of partners to 79 (77 of which are fee earning partners), as of 1 July 2013.
Farrer & Co’s turnover for the year 2012 – 2013 increased to £50.8m, meaning that for the past five years (since 2008) we have had year-on-year increases in our turnover, which has now grown by over 35% during this period.
Revenues are generated broadly equally across our business, charities and not-for-profit, and private client sectors, with approximately 20% now involving an international element.
Nearly 60% of our fee-earning partners are recognised as “Leading Individuals” in their particular areas of expertise by Chambers and Partners 2013, delivering the specialist services we provide to clients.
The firm has recently been named as:
- Winner: Private Wealth Team of the Year – The Lawyer Awards 2013
- Shortlisted: Best Major Project – The Lawyer Management Awards 2013
- Winner: Best Trainer, Medium City Firm - Law Careers.Net Training & Recruitment Awards 2013
- Winner: Charity Team of the Year - STEP Private Client Awards 2012/13
- Shortlisted: Contentious Trusts & Estates Team of the Year - STEP Private Client Awards 2012/13
- Winner: Citywealth Magic Circle Awards Charity Law Firm of the Year 2013
- Winner: Best Trainer – Law Careers.Net Training & Recruitment Awards 2012
- Winner – London Legal Team of the Year – STEP Private Client Awards 2011/2012
- Shortlisted: Best Strategic Leadership – MPF European Leadership Awards 2012
- Shortlisted: HR Team of the Year – The Lawyer Workplace and Diversity Awards 2012
- Shortlisted: Most Effective Employee Benefits Scheme – The Lawyer Workplace and Diversity Awards 2012
- Shortlisted: Private Client team of the Year 2012 - The Lawyer Awards
- Shortlisted: Family/Matrimonial Law Firm of the Year - Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2012
- Shortlisted: Charity Manager/Adviser of the Year - Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2012