“I would rate the client service highly and they are strong in international private client matters.” “The team is highly technical but they are able to communicate their knowledge and provide practical advice that we can implement and follow."
- Independent Client Survey
Providing expert and pragmatic advice to our individual clients and their families has been an inherent part of our practice for many decades. We enjoy working with our international and UK-based clients on the widest possible range of legal, family and business issues, priding ourselves on our in-depth understanding of your specific needs, whether relating to pure tax and legal concerns or in the crucial role of trusted adviser for many other considerations. Our solutions are always bespoke and we can put together exactly the right team of people from across the firm to assist you with the matter immediately at hand whilst always keeping an eye on your long-term interests and goals.
Many of our clients have complicated business interests with assets held all over the world, often making use of trusts, foundations or family offices. Our dynamic presence in the international marketplace (we are recognised as one of the top ten firms globally for our strengths in international private wealth advice) means we can work effectively with offshore trustees, bankers, investment managers and family office professionals to assist our clients with the challenges they face to combine wealth preservation with other family or philanthropic aims.
Our recent work includes:
- acting for a Middle Eastern family in the creation of a new trust structure to hold diverse assets including commercial property and aircraft.
- advising a Nigerian family with commercial interests in South East Asia on the resettlement of the family fortune through a new offshore structure.
- acting for a European ultra-high-net-worth individual in developing and implementing tax mitigation strategies for his pre-existing, highly intricate structure.
- advising on a multi-billion dollar contested succession involving an international estate where there were complex issues in relation to both tax and inheritance rights.
- acting for a Turks & Caicos Islands trustee involved in a US$100 million claim concerned with accusations of deceit and fraud in respect of a share sale.
- advising an entrepreneur with a complicated international business structure on the devolution of his interest in the business, undertaking detailed inheritance tax and succession planning including use of the UK/India double-tax treaty.
- providing advice to the trustees of a significant landed estate on various trust and family issues, including the multi-million pound renovation of the mansion house.
- making a successful application to the Court of Protection on behalf of two attorneys acting under their mother's Enduring Power of Attorney to undertake a significant tax planning exercise in relation to a landed estate.
- acting for a UK-based family office advising on trust and tax issues in relation to a structure with substantial holdings in residential and commercial property, and estate planning in relation to onshore and offshore beneficiaries.
- administering the estate of a bestselling author which involved UK and foreign tax issues, negotiating worldwide publishing contacts and film rights, and tax planning for the beneficiaries.
- advising prominent international clients in the creation of a 200 acre state-of-the-art industrial park in the Midlands, the regeneration of former coalfields and quarry land and the creation of significant local employment opportunities.
For more information contact one of our specialist advisers below or visit our Press office.