The wide-ranging, five-partner professional services practice provides advice on non-contentious matters such as LLP conversions, as well as high-value disputes.
Legal 500, 2011
We offer a full and bespoke service to every professional client.
We have considerable experience of working with a range of successful professional practice firms across different sectors. We advise both firms and prominent individuals on their legal requirements within a commercial and professional perspective.
Our professional practices team seeks to focus on the commercial objectives of our clients, understands the sensitivities which arise within professional practices and acts discreetly in pursuing clients’ objectives.
Our expertise is in understanding your needs and then assembling a bespoke team of specialist lawyers to support you as appropriate. Many of our lawyers are leaders and specialists in the respective fields of partnership law (including the Legal Services Act), tax, private client, employment, corporate, governance, property, disputes and brand and reputation management.
We offer lawyers who can hit the ground running.
Examples of our recent advice include:
- advising two leading UK law firms on their new partnership LLP arrangements and ancillary documentation.
- advising several major firms defending discrimination and whistleblowing claims where our reputation for discretion is seen as valuable and essential.
- establishing new fund management and financial services LLPs and advising on the internal restructuring of other financial services LLPs.
- advising firms hiring and losing partners, including advice as to restrictive covenants and, importantly, pragmatic considerations.
- advising a leading UK charity on winding up an LLP joint venture.
- general advice to high-calibre professional practices including magic and silver circle law firms.
Professional clients need professional advisers.
For more information contact one of our specialist advisers below or visit our Press office.