This firm has an excellent reputation for acting for partnerships and key individuals on departures, mergers, restructurings and contentious partnership matters.
We advise professional practices on the whole spectrum of contentious and non contentious legal and business issues. We advise both firms and prominent individuals on issues such as joining and exiting practices, mergers and team moves as well as brand management, tax and employment issues.
We understand the unique sensitivities which arise within partnerships and act discreetly in pursuing our clients' objectives. Our clients include other major law firms and accountancy practices.
Many of our lawyers are leaders and specialists in the respective fields of partnership law (including the Legal Services Act), tax, private client, employment, corporate, governance, property, disputes and brand and reputation management.
Examples of our recent advice include:
- sale of a significant regional law firm.
- advising several US law firms in London on regulatory and structural issues.
- advising two leading UK law firms on their new partnership LLP arrangements.
- advising several major firms defending discrimination and whistleblowing claims where our reputation for discretion is seen as valuable and essential.
- establishing new fund management and financial services LLPs and advising on the internal restructuring of other financial services LLPs.
- advising firms hiring and losing partners, including advice on enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- general advice to high-calibre professional practices and teams including magic and silver circle law firms.
For more information contact one of our specialist advisers below or visit our Press office.