Art & cultural assets
The ‘superlative practice’ at Farrer & Co attracts a myriad of instructions from its stable of ultra-high-net-worth individuals, enviable landed estates, and a host of well-known museums and galleries, including the Natural History Museum, the V&A, and Historic Royal Palaces.
Our clients include private collectors, auction houses, the art trade and landed estates; through to museum directors, trusts and foundations, leading heritage bodies and visitor attractions, just like you.
They look to us, to advise on complex issues in the UK and overseas, such as:
- negotiating the acquisition and sales of major pieces or collections
- the reproduction and exploitation of art and literary works
- borrowing and lending against art
- title disputes
- import and export of artefacts
- authenticity and provenance issues
- recovering stolen artworks
- protecting reputation and managing the associated media/PR
- asset tax and estate planning for successors
- structuring foundations and museums
- maintenance, insurance and exhibition of collections and trading activities for commercial institutions
Our dedicated team has a strong reputation in the art world.
If you would like to discuss your circumstances in more detail, please get in touch with one of our specialists below. We would be delighted to work with you.
For more information contact one of our specialist advisers above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.