Joanna advises trustees, beneficiaries and charities on the full range of onshore and offshore contentious trusts and estates matters including probate claims, claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, constructive trust claims, proprietary estoppel claims and breach of trust claims. She has particular experience of defending third party attacks against the validity of trusts on grounds such as sham. She also advises on professional negligence claims against trustees, lawyers and accountants where there is a trust or estates angle.
Her offshore work has seen her advise in relation to proceedings taking place in Jersey, Switzerland, Nevis, Cayman Islands, BVI, Cyprus, Italy and Denmark.
Joanna is a member of the Chancery Bar Association and ACTAPS and regularly lectures on international trust and succession disputes. She has contributed to specialist publications in the field such as Trusts & Trustees and STEP Journal.
Recent reported cases:
- Representation of Schroder Cayman Bank and Trust Company Limited  JRC 125
- Novatrust Limited v Kea Investments Limited and others  EWHC 4061 (Ch)
- Sheffield v Sheffield and others  EWHC 3927 (Ch)
- Rybolovleva v Rybolovlev 3 May 2012.
Scholarships and Prizes:
- Major Scholarship from the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple (for BVC)
- Conflict of Laws prize (2003)
- Withers prize for Trusts and Equity (2002)