He inspires great confidence, primarily because he applies a high degree of common sense, combined with a wealth of knowledge of the law.
William Massey is a Partner at Farrer & Co and Head of the Family team. He has specialised in family law since 1991 and has wide experience in money and children cases on relationship breakdown with particular emphasis on complex financial situations. His cases often involve issues covering trusts, companies, tax, pensions and other jurisdictions. His background in commercial law has helped him to build a reputation as a front runner in difficult financial cases.
Chambers HNW Guide 2016 - Leading Lawyer Band 1
Chambers 2016 - Leading Lawyer Band 1
Legal 500 2016 Leading individual
Top 10 Family Lawyers - Spear's Index 2017
Top 10 Family Lawyers - Citywealth 2016 Leaders
Top 100 London Super Lawyers
Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom (2nd Edition)
- "A complete star: astute, incisive, creative and all-round excellent" Spears
- “polished and accomplished” Legal 500
- "faultless knowledge and expertise" Legal 500
- "A highly effective litigator... incredibly reassuring, unflappable and calm under fire" Chambers UK
- “yet another class act at the practice” Chambers UK
- “William is an excellent lawyer: he is technically strong and has great client skills. He is a good negotiator and is pragmatic and sensible” Citywealth
- “widely admired and very accomplished” Chambers UK
- "calm and lovely with clients" Chambers UK
- "great to deal with, very approachable, knowledgeable and pragmatic" Chambers High Net Worth Guide
- "super lawyer. He is one of the nicest people in family law. He gets good clients as a result and he really knows what he is doing" Chambers High Net Worth Guide
“He also earns accolades for his ability to draw on expertise in tax, trusts and pensions when serving clients in family matters. William is described as ‘an able and urbane lawyer’ with whom ‘clients are in safe hands’."