Happy Year of the Monkey from the corporate team at Farrer & Co.
It has been an exciting and successful year for our team and for the firm as a whole. The Chinese New Year greeting is apt in a year in which Farrers has seen two valuable additions to our team focussing on China and South-East Asia: Charles Wang, who is English and Chinese law qualified and a native speaker of Mandarin, and Marie Bates, who is English and Hong Kong qualified and has worked in both Hong Kong and Japan. We are delighted to have both Charles and Marie at the firm and look forward to strengthening existing, and forming new, connections with clients in the region, as well as UK based clients with interests in this market.
Within the corporate team, we have continued throughout 2015 to act on a wide variety of transactional and non-transactional work across a range of sectors including education, retail, financial services and media and technology as well as continuing our expansion into the private equity market. We have pleasure in summarising below a few highlights of our work in the past 12 months.
2015 was also the year that Farrer & Co achieved Tier 1 ranking in both Chambers and the Legal 500. We could not have achieved this without the continued support of our clients and colleagues at partner firms we have worked alongside during the year. We would like to thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to continuing to work with you all, building on existing successes and establishing new relationships in the year to come.
We wish you a prosperous 2016. 祝您猴年大吉。
In 2015 the corporate team saw more than 35 transactions to completion, with a total value in excess of £500 million. Highlights included:
- Advising Serabi Gold plc, the AIM listed Brazilian focused gold exploration and production company, on its equity restructuring, creating approximately £82 million of reserves.
- Advising an international investment company on its €70 million acquisition of a portfolio of hotels.
- Advising a private office, as co-investor, on two private equity investments with a combined value in excess of £100 million.
- Advising a number of management teams and senior executives during the course of the year on their joining private equity backed businesses covering media, resources and retail/fashion.
- Advising a European investment fund on the reorganisation of its wind farm holding structure.
- Advising Eton College on its joint venture for distance learning in China.
If you require further information on anything covered in this briefing please contact David Fletcher (firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 3375 7117), or your usual contact at the firm on 020 3375 7000. Further information can also be found on the Corporate transactions page on our website.
© Farrer & Co LLP, February 2016