"Superb tactical awareness and efficient litigation skills"
Chambers UK 2015
We have extensive experience of civil fraud litigation both in the UK and overseas. We have been involved in a number of high-profile and complex international fraud matters acting for both claimants and defendants. We regularly advise on large scale fraud claims as well as on asset tracing and fraud-related trust claims in many jurisdictions.
We also have significant experience of advising on high-value international freezing injunctions, whether applying for or opposing them. We understand the need to act quickly and decisively in order to seek to preserve assets.
In this area we act for companies, directors, trustees, charities, banks and other financial institutions. We understand the competing demands on parties to fraud litigation and work with our clients to ensure that their legal and regulatory obligations are met without losing sight of the wider commercial objectives.
The team regularly works with other specialist advisers across the firm to provide clients with broad and tailored advice on all fraud-related matters, including internal investigations, regulations and procedures as well as litigation. We also have extensive connections with foreign lawyers, forensic accountants and IT specialists who regularly assist us on fraud and asset recovery matters.
Members of the team are active members of the Commercial Fraud Lawyers’ Association.
- Advising a Ukrainian businessman and politician in relation to a worldwide freezing order over his assets up to $100 million.
- Acting for Cedar Capital Partners, a US-based investment advisory business, in a ground-breaking Supreme Court Case about the nature of proprietory remedies available in relation to breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Acting for a hedge fund in relation to a long-running multi-jurisdictional dispute involving allegations of theft of confidential information, corporate spying and breach of privacy
- Advising the defendant in a US$213 million claim involving an allegedly fraudulent Argentinian Warrants transaction.
- Worldwide BCCI liquidation.
- Algosaibi -v- Al-Sanea
For more information contact one of our specialist advisers above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.