Elizabeth advises on a wide range of commercial, trust, and private wealth disputes, acting for individuals, charities and businesses, both in England & Wales and offshore. Since qualifying in 2012, Elizabeth has assisted on a number of high-profile, complex commercial and trust cases, which involve multi-jurisdictional issues.
Elizabeth is a member of the firm's Contentious Trusts Group and also the Entrepreneurs and Family Business Group. She has a particular interest and experience in advising individuals and families in onshore contentious trust and estate matters, and succession disputes.
Elizabeth has experience of all stages of the litigation process from initial pre-action advice up to trial, and also appeals (including Supreme Court appeals). She also has experience of alternative forms of dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation. In 2017, Elizabeth was named as one of the eprivateclient Top 35 Under 35 in recognition of her private client work.
Recent reported cases include:
- AF v MF & Ors  EWFC 65
- JSC Mezhdunarodniy Promyshelenniy Bank & Others v Sergei Viktorovich Pugachev & Others
- GBM Minerals Engineering Consultants Ltd v GB Minerals Holdings Ltd
- Kaki v Kaki ( EWHC 3692 (Ch))
- Woods Bagot Holdings PTY Ltd & Others v Earle Arney & Others
- HMRC v Forde & McHugh ( UKSC 14) This case went to the Supreme Court on appeal, and concerned the treatment of NICs in respect of an employer company's contributions to a Funded Unapproved Retirement Benefits Scheme (FURBS). Please click here to read more.
- Sheffield v Sheffield ( EWHC 3927 (CH))
Who we help
Elizabeth is a member of the Contentious Trusts & Estates Group. She has assisted with a number of cases involving trustee and beneficiary disputes, contentious Court of Protection matters and disputes over individuals’ estates, in both onshore and offshore jurisdictions. Go to Private wealth