Barbara's work incorporates all aspects of our commercial real estate practice, including mixed-use developments, investment acquisitions and disposals, property finance and asset management. She works with institutional and private investors, as well as those looking to realise value from long held assets or engaging in the property market for the first time, in each case paying particular attention to the drivers behind the transaction to ensure the most appropriate advice is given.
Barbara is a senior associate in the Commercial Real Estate team. While she has experience of all facets of mainstream commercial real estate work, her principal focus is on institutional investment, including forward funding, forward purchases, acquisitions and disposals, and ongoing portfolio management.
Barbara enjoys working closely with her clients throughout the lifecycle of a property and combining her technical knowledge with her understanding of her client's requirements to enable the effective management of transactions. Her clients appreciate her pro-active commercial approach and her ability to work with all parties to facilitate the smooth completion of complex transactions.
In addition to the work she undertakes for institutional investors and property companies, Barbara regularly advises charities, family offices and private individuals, and she regularly applies her experience of the institutional market to meet the specific real estate requirements of clients from other practice areas in the firm.
Barbara qualified as a solicitor in 2013.
Examples of Barbara's recent work include:
- Assisting on the forward funding of a four-unit retail site in Greenwich, with a total GDV of £80m+
- Several forward purchases of mixed-use and commercial premises in London, Oxford and Bath
- Assisting on the purchase of long leasehold property in central London commercial for £70m+, followed by the refinancing and then redevelopment of the property
- The purchase of prime retail space in Gateshead for £33m
- Assisting a charity in connection with an urban extension development of part of their historic site, and
- Advising a private bank on the £15m secured financing of a mixed-use site including two hotels.
Barbara regularly contributes to industry publications including:
Wind farm noise and private nuisance Journal of Planning & Environment Law (July 2012) with Susan Ring
English Property Law Update Greens Property Law (April 2015)
Charges of part Estates Gazette (June 2016) with Mark Gauguier
How green is your lease? Property Law Journal (April 2017)
Modern Tenant Requests Property Law Journal (November 2017)