Charlotte advises on all aspects of business taxation, including transactional and contentious work. She has particular expertise in corporate reorganisations, M&A, property investment and the taxation of charities and investment funds.
Charlotte has broad experience in all business taxes across market sectors.
Her clients include entrepreneurs, private equity funds, private companies, individuals and their estates as well as charities, cultural institutions and universities.
Charlotte advises on many aspects of business transactions including
• Designing employee incentives
• Negotiating sale and purchase agreements
• Reorganisations of corporate groups and investment funds
• Structuring acquisitions of real estate and property developments, and
• Assessing income tax, CGT, VAT and stamp taxes on commercial transactions generally.
More recently, as HMRC has taken up the offensive, Charlotte has represented taxpayers either achieving a negotiated settlement or pursuing a case at tribunal.
Charlotte has brought her experience working in a magic circle firm to Farrers, personalising and tailoring her advice to meet the needs of clients. She enjoys the collegiate environment at Farrers having re-joined the Head of Tax, Robert Field, with whom she worked previously.
Charlotte is most rewarded by securing a positive outcome, often in pressured situations. Her approach is to seek clarity and certainty for the client, ensure that every avenue is considered and produce sensible options.
Recent work highlights include advising on
- The restructure of a leading university's endowment fund
- A major industrial's £7m corporation tax litigation against HMRC
- A national museum's loan of art works to Asia, and
- Structuring the acquisition of significant farming estates
Charlotte is a member of the VAT Practitioners Group and Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
She provides regular written updates for clients on changes in corporate tax law and has been published in Tax Journal. She speaks at tax conferences on a variety of topics such as Property Taxation and Entrepreneurs Relief.
Charlotte is fluent in French and has a conversational knowledge of German and Italian.