Charlotte has over ten years of experience in the field of corporate tax law. Against an increasingly complex tax landscape she provides succinct and practical advice to clients.
Charlotte covers all aspects of business taxation for a broad range of client types and across industry sectors. Her work encompasses:
- corporate reorganisations
- M&A and private equity
- real estate transactions
- employment tax, including share plans
- tax planning for entrepreneurs, investment funds and charities.
The right employee incentive scheme can be key to the success of an expanding business. Charlotte has implemented multiple share plans and developed a streamlined process to make this a time and cost efficient exercise for clients.
In advising the firm’s cultural institution, education and charity sector clients, Charlotte has gained an in-depth understanding of the not-for-profit sector and an awareness of their day-to-day tax issues. Charlotte has particular expertise in VAT planning for grant-making entities and has published articles on this and other charity tax matters.
The changes to off-payroll taxation have prompted many companies to re-structure parts of their workforce. Charlotte has worked with the firm’s employment specialists to meet this challenge and guide clients through the new compliance requirements.
Much of Charlotte’s work has an international aspect. Using the firm’s network of trusted foreign tax advisers, she is able to provide cross-border advice to clients with business interests outside the UK.
Some examples of Charlotte’s recent work highlights include:
- Charlotte advised on the restructure of a leading university’s endowment fund. Owing to the unique constitution of this iconic establishment and the charitable status of its investors, the reorganisation required us to obtain bespoke tax rulings from HM Revenue & Customs.
- Charlotte assisted the vendors of a FinTech company to structure the sale in a tax advantaged manner making the most of corporation tax and capital gains tax reliefs.
- Charlotte advised the heritage charity of a world-renowned Grade I listed building. She undertook an extensive analysis aimed at reducing irrecoverable VAT to be incurred on its planned property restoration works. Collaborating with the client’s project managers, she devised a business plan which met their commercial objectives of running venue hire and letting businesses whilst enhancing VAT recovery.
Membership & Accolades
Charlotte is a member of the International Business Structuring Association (IBSA), the VAT Practitioners' Group (VPG) and the Stamp Taxes Practitioners' Group (STPG).
She provides regular written updates for clients on changes in corporate tax law and has been published in Tax Journal. She speaks at tax conferences on a variety of topics such as Property Taxation and Business Assets Disposal.
Charlotte is fluent in French and has a conversational knowledge of German and Italian.