The firm has a sizeable multidisciplinary charities group with specialists capable of advising on all the legal issues facing charitable bodies.
Chambers & Partners, 2012
Currently we act for more than 400 charities, social enterprises and not-for-profit organisations and are recognised as one of the legal industry’s top practices for the sector. With in-depth commercial experience and awareness of the very latest developments in the sector, our clients benefit from a realistic and pragmatic approach to problem-solving in this rapidly changing legislative and regulatory environment.
Matters on which we have recently advised include:
- acting for clients bringing the first public benefit case before the Charity Tribunal – described by Sector leaders as the most significant charity law case in the last 50 years
- advising the merger parties in the UK’s largest charity merger, establishing the merger charity, advising on the transfer of the operations of the merger partners
- acting for the administrator/liquidator on one of the most complex charity insolvencies
- advising a major charity group on its brand licensing and social-franchising arrangements throughout the UK
- advising a UK charity on the worldwide reorganisation of operations of the family of charities of which it is part
- Advising on the establishment and funding arrangements of a free-standing College and HEI within the University of London.
Charity Team success at the STEP Private Client Awards 2012/13
For more information contact one of our specialist advisers below or visit our Press office.