High net worth families often hold their assets in complex fiduciary wealth holding structures across various jurisdictions. When these trusts, or other corporate wealth holding structures, are targeted in a personal or family dispute, clients seek our expert advice to reach a satisfactory outcome.
We are leading specialists in both divorce litigation and international trust disputes. We are ranked in the top tier by legal commentators for both practices and, as such, we are particularly well placed to deal with the specific legal and practical issues that arise in divorce cases where family wealth is held in fiduciary wealth holding structures.
Most of our work involves international assets, wealth structures, and overseas courts. We offer our clients truly integrated services across different jurisdictions working with a trusted network of the best lawyers, counsel, and intermediaries.
We can help if:
- You are setting up a wealth holding structure (a settlor) and wish to protect the assets in the event of future family disharmony
- You are married or are about to get married and wish to reduce the risks associated with relationship breakdown where assets are held within a structure
- You are about to marry or have married someone whose assets are held within a structure and have been asked to sign a pre/post-nuptial agreement
- Your relationship is at an end and divorce proceedings are anticipated. You need to resolve legal and practical issues that arise for couples where assets are held in trusts and other vehicles
- You are a trustee or fiduciary involved in running a structure where family proceedings are anticipated or ongoing for one of the beneficiaries