Tax compliance is challenging for any business, big or small. The terrain of legal tax planning requires specialist navigation. Our tax team is here to support our clients – from advising on strategy to resolving disputes.
We advise on all aspects of personal and business tax. Working closely with colleagues across the firm we provide comprehensive and joined-up advice to a wide range of investors, businesses, institutions and charities.
Our team gives practical, commercial and innovative solutions to complex tax and structure issues. We collaborate with lawyers in our wealth planning, trusts, employment, corporate, funds, property and immigration teams to ensure that whatever your situation, we can deliver advice which is tailored to your circumstances.
On international matters we work with a network of trusted independent tax professionals in other jurisdictions.
- Corporate tax – all tax aspects of mergers, sales and acquisitions, re-organisations and demergers, joint ventures, business structures and corporate finance transactions, including tax efficient investment and advice to selling shareholders on issues such as entrepreneurs’ relief
- Property tax - advising clients in how to acquire, let, develop or dispose of commercial and residential property in the most tax-efficient manner. We have in-depth knowledge and experience advising on property taxes, such as VAT and stamp duty land tax
- International tax - the UK and international tax aspects of cross border transactions, including inward and outward-bound investment, and planning to take up residence in, leaving or returning to, the UK
- Investment funds - advising both fund managers and funds on the tax efficient establishment of a variety of offshore and onshore funds including regulated funds, charitable funds and property funds, as well as on fund mergers and reorganisations, and investment into funds
- Charity tax – advising on complex projects, structures and transactions to enable charities to achieve maximum tax efficiency both from a direct tax and VAT perspective
- Employment and incentives tax - all employee and personal tax issues arising from commencement or termination of employment, employment related securities, employee benefit trusts, and a variety of share option or other incenctive plans including enterprise management incentive schemes and growth shares
- Contentious tax - advice on tax risk and reputation across various client types including corporate, private client, family and employment. Work covers assessing and mitigating exposure to HMRC challenge; disclosures, investigations, Alternative Dispute Resolution, litigation
- Banking and finance tax – advising lenders and borrowers on a wide range of finance transactions, including loan facilities, private placements, note purchases and debt restructuring
- Family – helping individuals to plan for tax in the context of family and matrimonial issues