Property disputes cannot always be avoided and are sometimes necessary. We approach disputes proactively and strategically with the intention of resolving them quickly and pragmatically. Sometimes this is possible through negotiation and mediation but when necessary we use our extensive Court and Tribunal experience in order to protect our clients’ interests.
Our property litigation services
The team acts for clients across all of the firm's sectors resulting in a unique client base ranging from high-net-worth individuals and families, to privately-owned businesses, educational and not for profit organisations and financial institutions. The team regularly handles complex, valuable and high-profile disputes including:
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes
- Contractual interpretation, including development agreements and agreements for sale and purchase
- Enforcement, removal or modification of restrictive covenants
- Adverse possession and trespass
- Rights of way, boundary disputes, rights to light and party walls
- Determining beneficial interests in property
- Property related insolvency
- Collective enfranchisement, lease extensions and tenants' right of first refusal
- Professional negligence
- Planning and construction disputes, and
- Agricultural property disputes.
Our expertise in property litigation
We help our clients to navigate disputes when they arise, providing high-quality bespoke advice. We can also share with our clients the benefit of our long-established links with other property professionals such as specialist surveyors and valuers to act as experts and advisers when needed. Our approach helps us to deliver tailored solutions to our clients’ issues and disputes when they arise.