The Government has compiled a list of resources for multi-academy trusts (MATs). It begins by recommending that trusts contact their local regional school commissioners for advice, then goes on to list useful contacts and information on the following topics:
- People and leadership. The links here offer assistance on
- training headteachers and others who want to become the chief executive of a MAT;
- recruiting trustees; and
- model job descriptions;
- School improvement, comprising
- tools to measure performance;
- the school-to-school support directory produced by the National College for Teaching and Leadership; and
- a map of teaching schools;
- Governance. In addition to linking to the Government’s official handbook on the governance of academy trusts, this section includes links to resources on
- governance skills and structures;
- guidance on effective governance from the National Governors’ Association; and
- understanding how a MAT needs to change as it grows;
- Finance. This links to governmental guidance (from the DfE and the Education Funding Agency) on
- funding and finance; and
- capital funding and school maintenance.
You can find the list here.
If you require further information on anything covered in this briefing please contact Rachel Holmes (firstname.lastname@example.org; or 020 3375 7561) or your usual contact at the firm on 020 3375 7000. Further information can also be found on the Schools page on our website.
This publication is a general summary of the law. It should not replace legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
© Farrer & Co LLP, October 2016