David is a partner in the firm’s corporate team and acts for private businesses, family businesses, entrepreneurs and investors.
Legal 500 note that David "combines technical excellence with a realistic and commercial approach".
He has long-standing client relationships across a number of industry sectors, including technology, financial services and luxury brands and has a particular interest in the legal challenges and opportunities arising from 4IR and blockchain. David is also a member of the Advisory Board of Ocean Bottle - an exciting start up with a mission to remove plastic from our oceans - and has a focus on issues linked to sustainability.
He is also recognised for his expertise in corporate restructuring and finance.
Legal 500, 2018:
David "combines technical excellence with a realistic and commercial approach"
‘An iron fist inside an elegant velvet glove"
Legal 500, 2017:
David is ‘easy to deal with and technically sound, and provides practical solutions.
- Advising the board of a nationwide retailer on a private equity funded restructuring process.
- Advising a senior industry figure in his participation in a complex and high value carried interest structure.
- Providing strategic advice to the CEO of a listed company with a US focus on his involvement in a highly sensitive group restructuring.
- Advising a private bank on the successful funding of a real estate development with a gross development value in excess of £100m
- Providing strategic advice to a fintech company on its early stage development.
- Advising a private bank in its participation in the Bank of England's Funding For Lending Scheme.
- Acting for a multi-generational family on the restructuring and disposal of its retail and property holdings. The businesses was based on Bond Street with a value in excess of £30 million and the matter involved a disposal to an Italian luxury brand.