David Fletcher delivers strategic, commercial advice at the highest level, to both businesses and individuals and plays a key management role in the development of the firm’s offering to its business clients.
Over a career of nearly 20 years, David has amassed a diverse range of commercial experience advising well known clients on corporate, banking and insolvency restructuring matters.
Whether acting for company boards, private banks or high profile senior executives, David has developed a reputation for providing adept solutions for clients facing complex legal challenges, often with an international dimension.
He has long-standing client relationships in the world of private banking, and is well versed in advising businesses in the luxury brands and fintech sectors. He also regularly works with family businesses and senior executives.
He is recognised for his expertise in corporate restructuring and distressed M&A and has advised private companies and senior individuals on issues such as debt restructuring, asset and equity sales, and the introduction of new management structures
Outside the firm, David is regularly called on to speak at industry events including Meeting of Minds private banking events and European Family Office conferences.
Legal 500, 2018:
David "combines technical excellence with a realistic and commercial approach"
‘An iron fist inside an elegant velvet glove"
Legal 500, 2017:
David is ‘easy to deal with and technically sound, and provides practical solutions.
- Advising the board of a nationwide retailer on a private equity funded restructuring process.
- Advising a senior industry figure in his participation in a complex and high value carried interest structure.
- Providing strategic advice to the CEO of a listed company with a US focus on his involvement in a highly sensitive group restructuring.
- Advising a private bank on the successful funding of a real estate development with a gross development value in excess of £100m
- Providing strategic advice to a fintech company on its early stage development.
- Advising a private bank in its participation in the Bank of England's Funding For Lending Scheme.
- Acting for a multi-generational family on the restructuring and disposal of its retail and property holdings. The businesses was based on Bond Street with a value in excess of £30 million and the matter involved a disposal to an Italian luxury brand.