John helps individuals, families, executors, and trustees navigate all aspects of estate planning, trusts, mental capacity, and estate administrations. He also advises on relevant tax implications as they apply to both individuals and estates, including available planning opportunities.
John’s expertise includes:
- Estate planning: will drafting, letters of wishes, inheritance tax
- Trusts: drafting, advising trustees on duties and powers, ongoing administration
- Mental Capacity: including working with donors in the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and advising attorneys on their use.
- Probate and administration of estates: complex and high value estates, including those with cross-border elements.
- UK Tax: including lifetime planning and post-death variations.
John’s work necessarily involves meeting clients during periods of grief or otherwise discussing sensitive topics, and they will find empathy, sensitivity, and patience to be hallmarks of his service. John’s clients value the clarity of his style and his ability to present complex information in an accessible manner, tailored to their own understanding, and reliably leading to informed decision making.