Katy advises on all aspects of rural property law, providing practical advice on agricultural, residential and commercial property matters for private individuals, companies and landed estates.
Katy is an associate in the Farrer & Co Rural Property team.
Katy takes a collaborative approach and works closely with colleagues in the property team as well as specialists in tax and private client, in order to ensure that the needs of her clients are fully met.
Katy's experience includes advising on agricultural, residential and commercial landlord and tenant matters as well as acting for clients on farm sales, purchases and mortgages. She also advises on sporting and shooting rights, easements, mineral rights, restrictive covenants and first registrations.
Katy qualified as a solicitor in 2015.
Examples of recent work include:
- Acting for a private individual on the £6m purchase of land with the benefit of planning permission for the development of a polo field
- Advising on the disposal of a farm in Somerset in two lots for a combined value of £3.5m together with providing related advice on a surrender of an Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy and the grant of a new Farm Business Tenancy to unlock future development value
- Acting for the purchaser of a £5m country house with land and outbuildings in Hampshire
- The successful completion of first registrations of large estates in Hertfordshire and Hampshire
- Acting for the borrower on a complex refinancing of an estate in Surrey
- Advising on the purchase of a woodland in East Sussex, and
- Acting for trustees on the grant of a new lease of a pub located on a landed estate.