When a dispute arises we work closely with our clients to achieve the best possible outcome while minimising the financial impact and operational disruption to their business. We help our clients develop practical strategies tailored to their commercial objectives to help mitigate and manage risk, but when the situation demands we use our expertise to act for clients as experienced and effective litigators.
We have extensive experience of all forms of dispute resolution, from providing early strategic guidance, negotiation and other forms of ADR, applying for and responding to applications for urgent injunctive relief and pursuing and defending claims to trial.
Our experienced team of dispute resolution specialists advise clients on a range of commercial disputes including high-value, high-profile and complex matters, often with an international element. We offer a partner-led service, with access to experts in our Corporate, Intellectual Property, Commercial, Employment and Banking teams to provide fully rounded and strategic advice.
Our international litigation and arbitration expertise
We help our clients with:
- Commercial contract disputes particularly within the manufacturing, retail, hotel and leisure industries. We deal with disputes across the length of the supply chain, including: production, global supply chain and distribution issues; retention of title issues; agency disputes; outsourcing: franchising and management agreements; financing agreements; commercial and strategic partnerships; and consumer contracts.
- Claims arising out of corporate transactions including warranty and indemnity claims and disputes between joint venture or commercial partners.
- Professional negligence claims against a range of professionals including solicitors and accountants.
- Insurance coverage disputes where we act for policyholders seeking to pursue claims for insured losses.
- Disputes arising out of the departure of senior employees or teams of employees which involve claims of breaches of post-termination restrictive covenants and non-compete clauses.
We advise private companies, founders and entrepreneurs, partnerships and not-for-profit organisations across a wide range of sectors. We have a particular focus on advising businesses in the manufacturing, retail and consumer, hospitality and leisure, and aviation and yachting industries.
We have a strong global network of trusted lawyers and other advisors including forensic accountants, PR advisors, business intelligence firms and litigation funders. Where appropriate we help our clients to build multi-disciplinary teams of experts and work closely with them to provide seamless technical and commercial solutions to complex contentious issues.