Financial Services Litigation
Our team of financial services litigation, contentious regulatory and investigations lawyers offer expert, strategic advice to guide our clients through a range of complex, high-value and reputationally critical issues.
Our sector focus
Our contentious financial services expertise reflects the strengths of our firm. We are sector focussed, delivering specialist advice and solutions to:
- Asset Managers, Investment Funds and Private Equity
- Private Banks and Wealth Managers
- Senior Executives, Entrepreneurs and HNWIs
Our contentious financial services expertise
Within our chosen sectors, we advise on a wide range of contentious matters, including on:
- Complex litigation, disputes and cross-border claims
- Internal and whistleblowing related investigations
- Regulatory investigations and enforcement action, acting for both firms and for individuals
- Partnership disputes
- Market abuse investigations and advice
- Managing contentious risk.
With the increasingly international nature of litigation and regulatory investigations and enforcement action, our clients benefit from our long-established links with market-leading overseas law firms and other firms providing complementary expert services across the globe.
Our team is experienced in handling the most difficult and high-profile matters, often of an international/cross-border nature.
Because of our sector focus, we operate at the top end of the market in our chosen specialisms. Our advice is practical, commercial and tailored to the individual requirements and circumstances of our clients.
Recent client highlights
- Acting for an investment fund in its US$80 million Commercial Court claim against multiple international defendants arising out of investments on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Advising Edgeworth Capital on the recovery of approximately £100 million of debt, including bankruptcy proceedings in the High Court.
- Acting for an investment fund in a multi-million pound claim against an asset manager.
- Acting for a private bank in relation to the investigation of regulatory breach allegations made by a whistleblower.
- Acting for an alternative investment management company in a dispute related to advice given in the context of complex investment instruments.
- Acting for a HNWI in a dispute related to BitCoin exchanges.
- Acting for a Senior Executive in the context of an investigation into alleged related-party Private Equity transactions.