Our advice ranges from "friendly" applications, for example to vary a trust, or seeking court directions or a blessing, through to hostile claims such as breach of trust.
International Trust Disputes
A large number of trust disputes involve international assets, wealth structures and overseas courts. We have a reputation for international trust disputes and are regularly involved in cases before the courts of offshore jurisdictions.
We advise on:
- variation and directions applications
- breach of trust and removal applications
- claims regarding the validity of trusts, for example involving allegations of sham, mistake, lack of capacity or the rectification/construction of trusts
- disputes about trustee powers and duties
- disclosure and confidentiality issues
- creditor claims and enforcement against trust assets – for example attacks on trusts in the context of divorce and insolvency, as well as fraud and asset tracing
- corporate vehicles within trusts.