Hannah is a specialist in the charity sector with over 15 years of experience in the area. She has a deep insight into the way the sector works, through her two year, part time secondment to the Natural History Museum, where she advised on everything from research contracts to hiring dinosaurs. She acts for a range of clients including operational charities, non-departmental public bodies, universities, schools and faith based organisations.
Her work includes charity formation, complex restructures and mergers, major grants and endowments, advice to statutory trusts and Royal Charter bodies and guidance on philanthropic ventures.
Hannah's work highlights have included:
- Advising a higher education institution on a series of transformational multi-million pound gifts to fund scholarships, building works and medical research
- Acting for a faith-based organisation in its Charity Tribunal case relating to the public benefit test for religious bodies
- Working with a public-sector organisation on the spin out of a major museum
- Re-working the intra-group arrangements for a network of over 20 schools, and
- Advising a philanthropist on exporting a charity from the UK to overseas.