Patrick provides practical and commercially focussed advice to a range of private and institutional landowners on matters relating to the management of their rural property holdings. Patrick's practice includes dealing with sales and acquisitions, secured lending and landlord and tenant matters.
Patrick specialises in advising on matters with a rural context but has extensive experience of agricultural, commercial and residential transactions.
Patrick works for high profile institutional clients as well as a range of private landowners. He advises his clients on all aspects of their rural property portfolios. Clients value Patrick's pragmatic, collegiate and commercial approach. He works proactively to get matters completed and enjoys working to, and achieving, challenging deadlines and takes great satisfaction from his work.
Patrick acts on a wide variety of acquisitions and disposals of agricultural, commercial and residential property, including development sites.
Patrick has a wide experience of dealing with agricultural tenancies (both Farm Business Tenancies and Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancies) and all of the issues they entail. He also has significant experience in dealing with commercial lettings (including complex lease re-organisations) and advises on a variety of landlord and tenant issues, particularly those with an agricultural flavour. Patrick has been instructed on a number of first registrations.
Patrick's practice also includes the grant of easements, sporting rights, variations of restrictive covenants and matters relating to minerals. Patrick is passionate about the British countryside, conservation and agricultural matters. When out of the office, he is most happy with his fishing rod in his hand.
Patrick qualified as a solicitor in 2010.
- The sale of a prestigious shooting estate in the west country
- The sale of a substantial residential estate in Sussex
- The acquisition of a 4,000 acre agricultural estate, with significant development potential
- The purchase of a portfolio of highly strategic sites to unlock a client’s development of a large estate in the south-west
- Acting for a private bank in connection with charge over a large agricultural estate
- Acting for a landlord in respect of a complicated restructuring of a number of commercial units in a client's regional business park
- Purchase of a significant racing yard
"Patrick Hammond has been attentive and responsive in our dealings and is able to take a pragmatic approach to issues that require addressing on a practical as well as legal basis." (Legal 500 2022)
"Patrick Hammond is able to communicate and explain complicated issues, unravel problems and put forward suggestions in a pragmatic, diplomatic and easily understood way." (Legal 500 2021)