Sarah advises clients on all aspects relating to commercial property including acquisitions, disposals, development and a wide range of landlord and tenant management issues. She acts for private, institutional and commercial clients; but she has particular experience of acting for ultra high net worth individuals, foreign investors, charities and schools.
Sarah trained at a niche commercial property firm before joining Farrer & Co in 2006 on qualification. During her time at Farrers, Sarah has built a strong investment practice acting for ultra high net worth individuals, foreign investors, charities, private companies and other institutions in all aspects of commercial real estate. Sarah is excellent at building strong relationships with clients and in working closely with them to achieve their desired outcome. She is used to working in high pressure situations and to tight deadlines. Sarah puts the client first and takes a commercial and pragmatic approach to all that she does.
Sarah also has considerable experience of development work. She has acted on a wide range of projects, ranging from the redevelopment of a single (yet substantial) properties to the larger scale redevelopment of an entire area.
Sarah has particular expertise in helping charity clients with real estate interests. She has advised charities of all sizes on everything from the acquisition and disposal of property to the management of their properties and even to major capital projects. As well as having in depth knowledge of charity property law and the duties of charity trustees, Sarah understands the importance of balancing legal and practical requirements with the objects of the charity and social sensitivity.
Examples of Sarah's recent work include
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth investor on the acquisition and management of its £200 million portfolio of prime London property
- Acting for charity client for over 10 years in the management of its £150 million property portfolio
- Acting for a foreign ultra-high net worth investor on the redevelopment of a flagship luxury hotel in central London
- Acting for the British Library on the development of land to the north of its St Pancras site, and
- Acting for a prominent cultural institution on a major capital project.