The Farrer & Co solicitor apprenticeship is a six-year level 7 programme.
Our minimum academic requirements are an AAB at A Level but we will consider mitigating circumstances for academics below this.
This opportunity is only open to those without a degree and looking for an alternative to university.
You will gain an LLB (Hons) in Legal Practice and will qualify as a solicitor. All of your tuition fees will be paid, and you will earn a salary whilst you are training and gaining your qualification.
You will combine on-the-job training with guided, independent study and skills coaching. Four days a week will be spent working in one of our teams and one day will be allocated to study. You will work in our London office in a variety of departments including Commercial, Contentious, Private Client, Property and Business Services.
Our current salary for our Solicitor apprentices from September 2023 start at £24,000 per annum. These figures are reviewed on an annual basis.
All future apprentices at Farrer & Co are also eligible to receive a Starting Work Bonus to assist with either relocation costs; travel costs; lunch costs; purchasing office attire ahead of receiving first salary payment.
If you’re a parent or guardian who wants to find out more about our solicitor apprenticeship, click here.
Academic and competency training will be provided by The University of Law:
- Equips apprentices with a thorough understanding of the core legal subjects and combine them with an in-depth practical application.
- A combination of work-based and online supervised study, together with practical and academic activities at ULaw campuses, will prepare apprentices to undertake the new Solicitors Qualifying Exam Parts 1 and 2 which entitles them to apply to the SRA to be admitted as solicitors at the end of the programme.
- Apprentices will also complete ULaw assessments, providing them with the opportunity to be awarded an LLB in Legal Practice and Skills (Hons) from ULaw. As well as supporting the apprentices academically, ULaw will work closely with the employers to ensure skills and competencies in the workplace are developed and nurtured throughout the programme.
- Applications open: 1 November 2023
- Application deadline: 14 February 2024
- Start date: September 2024