We have a specialist senior executive team which can provide you with partner-led, strategic advice on the full breadth of employment issues that can arise for senior executives. Clients choose us for our ability to respond quickly and with emotional intelligence in fraught situations, as well as keeping a close eye on the commercial issues and pressures in the case.
Advising senior executives
Addressing issues or change at work can be an emotional and anxious time. We identify your goals at the outset and guide you through the legal process with minimal stress, while striving for the best possible outcome. Whether the outcome is retaining your position at work after an investigation, a negotiated departure resulting in a settlement agreement, or court or tribunal proceedings, we advise you every step of the way. We can advise on:
- Negotiating contracts and benefits, share schemes, bonuses and equity on starting a new role
- Resolving disputes, such as grievances, discrimination and equal pay issues
- Advising on regulatory investigations
- Negotiating voluntary departures and forced exits on elegant terms
- Advising in relation to Employment Tribunal and High Court claims, and
- Defending disputes around restrictive covenant and team moves.
We also have significant experience in advising individuals who are thinking of leaving their current employer or partnership, possibly as part of a “team move”. If you are considering taking such a step, you should ensure that you take advice at the earliest opportunity to help guide you through the potential pitfalls.
Advising on contract terms
We can also help if you are entering into a new contract of employment or partnership deed. Our lawyers are experienced in both advising on and negotiating contract terms and in particular:
- Long-term incentive plans
- Bonus arrangements
- Restrictive covenants
- Specific issues relating to those employed in financial services or plc directors.
For further information on our services for senior executives, please see our brochure.