Paul Krafft is a specialist property lawyer with extensive expertise advising private, institutional and charity clients. His many high-profile, longstanding clients value the range of his knowledge and his can-do, responsive style.
Paul’s client base spans a range of individuals and families, large land-owning institutions and charities ranging from schools and universities to religious orders.
Paul is particularly well known for his advice in relation to agricultural property and development opportunities, but with a broad ranging practice of nearly twenty years, his expertise equally encompasses commercial and residential property.
He advises on every aspect of property law, from sales and purchases to development, commercial agreements and leases, landlord and tenant issues, overage, telecommunications, renewables and mineral and sporting rights.
He has significant experience on transactions in both urban and rural environments, and clients gravitate to him not only for the breadth of his knowledge, but also because of his practical approach and readiness to offer a concise and commercial opinion.
He supports his colleagues within the firm through his role as Trainee Principal in which he mentors incoming trainees through their training contracts to qualification.
Paul qualified as a solicitor in 1999.
Examples of recent work include:
- The sale within a tight timetable of a substantial estate in Kent for a private individual
- Advising an institutional landlord on the surrender and re-letting of prime office space in central London
- The purchase from receivers of a farm with development potential for over £6m
- The sale for a charity of a hospital site in London for over £20m
- Advising on a hybrid option and promotion agreement with two major housebuilders for the possible construction of 2,500 homes
- Advising a charity on the grant of a mineral lease at a rent of circa £500,000 pa for a term of over 20 years
- The surrender from a receiver and grant of a new lease of strategically important storage and distribution space in South London
Paul is ranked in leading legal directives Chambers UK and the Legal 500 who have recently said:
"We find that Paul is able to provide very sensible advice on matters related to previous developments." (Chambers UK 2021)
“Paul Krafft is calm and pragmatic, and he keeps things simple.”
Paul has “unparalleled knowledge of a broad range of issues, and has an amazing ability to provide concise and practical advice.”