Ben advises clients on a range of domestic and international banking and finance transactions with particular experience in real estate finance transactions.
Ben advises a range of lenders and other finance parties on secured and unsecured financing transactions with a focus on private banks lending to individuals and companies secured against commercial and high value residential properties either for investment or for development. In addition, Ben has experience advising trustees both as borrowers and as lenders and has also advised on loans secured against art, trade receivables and the proceeds of legal proceedings. Ben has significant experience working with and managing counsel in various offshore and onshore jurisdictions.
Before joining Farrer & Co in April 2020, Ben trained at a global US firm where he acted for a range of lenders financing the acquisition or development of property as well as complex refinancing and restructuring transactions. He also acted for clients in other parts of the debt market working on credit funds and securitisations.
Ben is known for his calm and focused approach which helps him break down complexity and provide clear and commercial advice to clients.
- Acting for a well-known private bank on novation and refinancing of its £57.8m loan to a large family-owned property estate.
- Acting for a large family-owned property estate on the amendment and restatement of a £100m secured revolving facility as part of a wider reorganisation of its ownership structure.
- Acting for a US-headquartered metals warehouser on its up to $100m borrowing base facility from an international investment bank.
- Acting for an international German bank in respect of four facilities to companies connected with two high net worth individuals secured against properties in London held under complex offshore trust structures.
- Acting for a specialist art lender on its $2.3m loan to special purpose vehicles owned by a high net worth individual.