The following material has been published by Farrer & Co’s Safeguarding Unit, to coincide with KCSIE 2023 going live on 1 September 2023. This resource for addressing child-on-child abuse replaces our previous Peer-on-Peer Abuse Toolkit.
- to reflect relevant changes in KCSIE
- on misogyny and misandry (now included within our definition of child-on-child abuse)
- on revenge pornography (as above)
- on contextual safeguarding
- on digital behaviour
- to include reference, in the body of the resource, to further key guidance and resources since published
- in Appendix B - to the glossary and key facts
- in Appendix C – expanding upon the range of statistics, resources, educational material, support services and interventions, and Government guidance
It should be emphasised that this resource is not necessarily intended to be read cover to cover in one sitting but is primarily intended to be used as a resource and reference document for practitioners – to consult as and when required and to the extent needed, and to help them navigate whichever area(s) of child-on-child abuse they are dealing with.
This publication is a general summary of the law. It should not replace legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
© Farrer & Co LLP, September 2023