Marie-Thérèse advises on all aspects of construction matters in the commercial and residential real estate sector. She works with a wide client base including developers, funders, educational institutions and private individuals. Marie-Thérèse's approach is commercial, client focused and pro-active.
Early in her career she undertook a secondment at RWE Npower Renewables working on various energy projects including wind farms, commercial agreements and disputes.
Marie-Thérèse’s expertise is diverse. She has experience of all standard forms including JCT, NEC and FIDIC. She also regularly works with clients to find bespoke contractual solutions. Her day-to-day practice includes drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and novations. Marie-Thérèse has extensive experience advising on contract management issues during the life of a project in connection with issues such as delays, payment (including pay less notices), termination and suspension provisions.
Examples of Marie-Thérèse’s recent work include:
- Advising a bank on the construction aspects of a £300m facility agreement for the development of a luxury hotel in central London.
- Advising on the construction contracts for the development of a hospital, including the building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and novations.
- Drafting a bespoke building contract for a residential refurbishment.
- Carrying out due diligence for a commercial property transaction where recent infrastructure works had been carried out.
- Carrying out due diligence on the construction contracts in relation to the acquisition of an office portfolio worth £325 million.
- Advising a developer on the termination provisions under a professional consultant’s appointment.
- Advising a client on the termination provisions under a JCT Building Contract and providing an assessment as to whether a termination notice could be validly issued.
- Advising a client as to what contract solutions were available where the contractor had become insolvent.
The co-insurance conundrum – Construction Law Journal
Latent Damage Act – Time for Reform – Construction Law Journal
Cases that Change our Lives – (Chapter One co-authored with Andrew Goddard QC)
Biased Experts – Personal Injury Newsletter
Construction Act Changes Could Increase Litigation – LexisNexis